Jan 16, 2017

Recipe: Torsk

Remember that time, a few days ago, when I shared a recipe for chipotle creamed corn with you and promised I'd share a recipe for the Torsk (Norwegian broiled cod) I photographed it with?

Healthy fish dinner

The day has come, my friends.

Read on for the recipe for torsk - it's fast, easy, and features relatively few, relatively simple ingredients!

Torsk

Serves Two

Cod recipe

* 2 (6oz) filets frozen cod
* 2 c. water
* 0.333 c. granulated sugar
* 2 tsp. salt

* 0.5 c. butter, melted
* paprika, to taste
* crushed cayenne pepper, to taste

Norwegian Broiled Cod

1) Preheat oven to high broil.

2) Mix together the water, sugar, and salt. 

3) Place the cod in a medium sauce pan and pour the salty-sweet water mixture over it. If the fish isn't completely submerged under water, add more water until it is.

4) Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 3-4 minutes.

5) Drain the water and blot the cod filets dry with paper towels.

6) Place the cod filets on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. 

7) Brush with the filets with the melted butter and sprinkle with paprika and a bit of crushed cayenne pepper.

8) Broil for 8-10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until the fish is golden brown.

Torsk Recipe

For a lobster-like experience, serve the cod topped with more melted butter!

What is your favorite kind of fish?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai