Oct 10, 2016

October Degustabox Unboxing

Did you see my September Degustabox Unboxing?

It's a new month - how is it already October 2016?? - and with a new month comes a new Degustabox! To refresh, Degustabox is a monthly subscription service that delivers a big box full of full-sized foodie finds (10-15 of them!) to subscribers every month.

I love getting mail, trying new things, and good food. It's perfect!


I love that every box comes with a greeting sheet telling me a bit more about all the products in the box on one side and offering up some relevant recipes on the other side. 

There are typically also some coupons in the mix, to help you save money if you like any of the products so much that you want to buy more. Yay for coupons! My mom instilled a great appreciation for coupons in me - sometimes we'd get an entire grocery cart full of food for like $7 and it always felt so amusingly satisfying.

Anyway, on to the actual food! We'll start with the food that accompanied the two recipes included in this box:

Healthy Pasta Dish

Barilla is my go-to brand for pasta (check out my mac & cheese recipe) and as a carb-loving vegetarian, I was thrilled to see that I could get 17g of protein and a good dose of ALA Omega-3 fatty acids from eating my pasta, with their new high-protein multigrain pasta.

We'll put that one in the plant-eaters win column.

Back to carbs:

La Tortilla Factory Low-Carb Tortillas

Low-carb carbs? WHAT.

La Tortilla Factory tortillas have whole grains, 6g of fiber, and only 4g of net carbs - all for only 45 calories! With stats like that, you'd expect these to be tiny and/or taste like cardboard. Or maybe I'm just a pessimist. But these are reasonably sized and taste like normal whole grain tortillas!

They're not at all hard and fold easily around burrito fillings or peanut butter, banana, and strawberry jam for a kiddie burrito. That this 23 year old may or may not like better than the real thing...

Moving on! Continuing with the healthy grains trend, check out Sesame & Sea Salt Wasa Thins!

Whole Grain Flatbread

They're a new product from Wasa, super crisp and crunchy, and the perfect scoop for hummus on girl's night. Because now that we're 23 year old professional working women, we're too sophisticated for the finger scoop.

...no, really.

But you're never too old for candy!

All Natural Candy

Especially when it's consciously crafted, vegan, gluten-free candy with real dried superfruits, no GMOs, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial ingredients. Phew, that's a mouthful - this candy belongs in the hand of a kid from Williamsburg's backpack. It's Brooklyn through-and-through (and made in the USA, if not Brooklyn).

They're sweet, delicious, and chewy! I'll definitely take these over Starbursts any day.

For another hipster upgrade, check out these Sriracha Almonds from Crown Nut Co.

Sriracha Almonds

They're spicy! The cartoon on the package is no joke. I love almonds and when I'm in the mood to burn a hole through my tongue (in a delicious, if somewhat painful way) or prank a friend, these are a total win.

But snack time isn't complete without chocolate.

Energems Chocolate

Fortunately, DegustaBox's tastemakers agree. Caffeine, vitamins, and chocolate all in one make up Energems! They're like oversized, extra delicious M&Ms that give you that mid-afternoon caffeine jolt without the coffee breath. 

But you probably still want to drink something with your snack.

Numi Tea

An organic tea sampler from Numi! Yum! There are 8 different teas, of which Rooibos Chai and Gunpowder Green are my favorites - but really you just have to try them for yourselves. There's nothing like a fragrant cup of fair trade tea on a chilly fall day.

Except maybe movie night with the girls. And do you know what that means?

Bacon Cheddar Popcorn

Popcorn! In all sorts of unusual flavors! Okay, white cheddar cheese popcorn isn't crazy. But Bacon Cheddar Popcorn? Made with coconut oil? This is the one your guests will fight over.

Often packaged popcorn tastes stale or boring, but these are flavorful and crunchy. No bagged popcorn effect here!

Maybe popcorn isn't your style for salty snacks?

Chicago Style Bagel Chips

For a crispier crunch, these Chicago-Style Bagel Chips don't disappoint! I'm a fan of the Cinnamon Bagel Chips, because I love cinnamon and who doesn't love carbs? See above.

Try dipping the cinnamon bagel chips in homemade apple or pumpkin butter. You're welcome for the tastegasm.

Speaking of pumpkin and all things basic - because I'm not at all embarrassed to admit that I love pumpkin spice everything once October rolls around and Ugg boots are all you'll find on my feet when it's below 30F outside - check out every blogger's dream.


Pumpkin pie soda. WHAT. I'm not even a soda drinker, but this season, bright orange bubbling drink is not to be missed.

All in all, it's another great month of new foodie finds from Degustabox. I'm already excited to see what the holiday season boxes bring! I'm definitely hoping for something pecan pie-related in the November box and something chocolate peppermint in the December box. But we'll just have to wait and see!

Until then, I'll be happily munching on my new fall snacks!

What are your favorite seasonal snacks for autumn?

Pumpkin spice - yay or nay?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai