Jul 18, 2015

Healthy Snacking with Go Raw

I love snacks. Yes, I'm 22 years old but no, there is no such thing as too old for snacks. Crunch-munch, munch-crunch.

In addition to being a yummy way to lift your energy levels, snacking provides an excellent opportunity to pack a little extra nutrition into your day. Don't waste the opportunity!

One of my favorite healthy snack brands at the moment is Go Raw. As the name suggests, their products are raw vegan and focus on whole food ingredients with healthy fats, fiber, minerals, vitamins, etc. They're also delicious!


Let's start with their dark chocolate, because it's delicious and because what's better than healthy chocolate?
It is not uncommon for the ingredients list on commercial chocolate bars to number in the dozens and feature a variety of types of processed sugars, fats, and random chemicals and additives that you would probably rather not have in your body. These chocolates, on the other hand, are made of only three healthful ingredients: antioxidant-rich raw cacao, raw agave nectar, and orange oil.


They prove that simple really is better! The chocolate is rich, flavorful, and melt-in-your-mouth creamy. Each individually packaged square is small, but larger than I would have expected given the nutritional information and the intense flavor and creaminess in each chocolate makes a small square (or a few) plenty. 

You won't be tempted to eat the entire bag, as delicious as they are, because 1-3 squares is really the perfect serving for sweet satisfaction!

The bars are just as good.


I enjoyed all four flavors, but my absolute favorites were the coconutty Spirulina Crunch and the super crunchy Pumpkin Seed. All of the bars are well-portioned for a light snack that's great for a kid's lunch box (or to pair with some fruit for an adult's snack) and made of just a few really healthy ingredients.


One of the things I like most about all of the Go Raw products is how they prove that you only really need a few simple, high quality ingredients to create something absolutely delicious. They never sacrifice flavor for nutrition, but rather do a great job with both!

The last of their products that I have tried (though there are plenty more - just take a look at their website to see the full range) are two of the cookie/cracker varieties!


For the sweets lover (hello, that's me) there are the Spiced Chai Cookies. They, too, feature the delicious flavor of dried coconut, along with a nice blend of spices and chai. 

If crackers and chips are your prefered snack, the Zesty Pizza Sprouted Flax Snax are a healthful alternative. 


They're full of healthy fats, fiber, protein, and generally more nutrition than any other chip or cracker that I have seen on the market. 

I am not much a savory snacker, as my tastes run decidedly more in the sweet than savory direction for pretty much everything, but I enjoyed these! I have difficulty with traditional pizza because of my lactose intolerance, but these have that spicy savory flavor with none of the gut-irritating lactose. They're vegan-friendly, non-GMO, gluten-free, and packed with brain-boosting omega fats. So much win in one snack!

Go Raw snacks get two thumbs up from me and I will definitely keep an eye out for their chocolate and snack bars - I was a little sad when I finished my last chocolate square. I'll have to get more soon!

What are your favorite healthy snacks?

Do you prefer sweet or savory snacks?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai